Search
Saturday 19 January 2019
  • :
  • :

Otesa procures equipment worth N$26 million

vehicles pretorius

Otesa Civil Engineering today acquired six construction vehicles worth N$26 million as part of efforts to boost the company’s operations during the rehabilitation and upgrading of the road between Windhoek and Okahandja.

At a handing over ceremony at Barloworld in the capital this morning, Otesa said the acquired equipment will go a long way in ensuring that the multimillion dollar project is completed in time coupled with quality work.

Otesa, in partnership with Italian company Cooperative Muratori Cementisti Ravenna, was awarded the N$1.08 billion contact by the Roads Authority to rehabilitate and upgrade TR1/6 between Windhoek and Okahandja: Section 4A, Dobra river to the Omakunde interchange to dual carriage way. The road stretches for 27.6 kilometres.

“As a Namibian company we take pride in being selected by the Roads Authority to be part of this project. We would like to thank RA for their trust in us as a local company and for that we shall also make you proud by completing this project to the highest quality, on time and within budget,” said project manager Jacob Pretorius.

Pretorius said Otesa would be unable to fulfill its mandate under the contract without the procured equipment.

“With this brand new equipment I am convinced that the Project will be completed in a timely and successful manner, and will further strengthen our partnership with our joint venture partners,” he said.

Pretorius also thanked the Development Bank of Namibia for funding the company to procure the vehicles.

Pretorius expects the rehabilitation and upgrading of the road to a dual carriage way to be beneficial to the country.

CMC holds 70 percent in the joint venture with Otesa controlling the remaining 30 percent.

RA CEO Conrad Lutombi said at the contract awarding ceremony that about 300 jobs will be created during the upgrading of the stretch of road that is expected to be completed within 36 months.




Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *